This weekend I spent my time in Denmark. Together with 10 other testers from various nations like the Netherlands, UK, US and Denmark, we settled for the beautiful Lungholm Castle, home for the 19th Testing Retreat. The Testing Retreat is a peer conference that aims to discuss relevant test topics and inspire its participants. During normal conferences there is mostly little time to have the in-dept sessions of the kind that the retreat hosts. Some of this year’s agenda topics were:
- Increasing the value of testing,
- The new ISO29119 standard
- Testing the internet of things,
- Shifting Left, Up, Down and Right,
- Craftsmanship and professionalism,
- Conflict handling using the conflict diagram,
- Targeting your product using persona’s
- Test strategies Qualifiers and Disqualifiers and
- Practical review strategies.
It was a very nice, inspiring weekend, that I trust enables participant to improve their value as test professional and to see developments in right perspective. I am already looking forward for next year’s edition.