Yesterday Ard Kramer and I gave a presentation at the Test Automation Day in Rotterdam. The room was packed and the story told. In the presentation we shared our experience with introducing TA in the organization. Our story does not focus in individual tool and way to script, but we describe how to implement the change in the organization. This presentation describes the full circle…..
- First we bypassed the argument of Test and organizational maturity and made sure that the organization got started with learning how to do TA.
- Then we learned how to make a business case to get buy-in from the management
- Following we made an approach to satisfy different needs by different teams
- We learned how to make the solutions they found accessible for other teams by embedding TA in the organization
- To found out that maturity was a think not to be neglected.
View the slides of the presentation to learn how we dealt with this. The slides contain links to the previous presentations that we referred to during our talk also.