Less than a week to go!
On 10 October Mette Bruhn-Pedersen and I will give a keynote presentation on the testnet conference. Proud to be giving a keynote on this great event and enthusiastic about sharing the stage with Mette. In our keynote we will discuss how testers can contribute with their knowledge and expertise in a scaled agile organisation.
We will use the Scaled Agile Framework for Lean Enterprises (SAFe) challenges how testers, Q&A and test managers, and test specialists work together with the entire organisation. Although the framework is described in more details than other comparable frameworks it is not very elaborate on how testing and quality practices fit in. This raises new challenges for testers, Q&A and test managers, test architects, test specialists and people in similar roles together with the entire organisation. We will describe what guidance SAFe actually provides and suggest additional ways test and QA professionals can contribute with their special knowledge and expertise.
Key Takeaways of the keynote:
- Test and QA professionals can add value at all organisational levels in ways that are not described in SAFe.
- Defining a quality strategy is key to handle typical issues with test and QA activities spanning multiple teams and even multiple Release Trains.
- Getting quality and testing anchored on Portfolio Level ensures that quality can be built-in from top to bottom.
The keynote is accompanied by an article and eBook that were previously published by Bits&chips Magazine and EuroSTAR. You can find them here:
- Bits & Chips Article: Ensuring Quality in SAFe – Sept 2018
- EuroSTAR eBook – Quality and Testing in SAFe – April 2018